Information we collect
The information Laterpress collects can change depending on the products or services you are using. For example:
- Contact and account data: We may store your name, bio, photo, account information like emails and passwords, profile information like pseudonyms, Twitter handles, and author websites, freeform text, and similar types of data that you submit to us through contact forms or online tickets or via email or mail, or when creating an author or reader account. Source of information: you provide this information. Category of information: Customer record information, identifiers, sensory data.
- Usage information: We may collect usage information about you whenever you interact with our websites and services. This includes which webpages you visit, what you click on, when you perform those actions, what language preference you have, what you buy and so on. Source of information: you provide this information; automatic collection. Category of information: Internet / network activity.
- Device and browser data: We may collect information from the device and application you use to access our services. Device data mainly means your IP address, operating system version, device type, device ID/MAC address, system and performance information, and browser type. If you are on a mobile device we may also collect the UUID for that device. Source of information: you provide this information; automatic collection. Category of information: Geolocation data; Internet / network activity.
- Information from cookies: We may use first-party and third-party cookies as described in our Cookies Policy below. Source of information: automatic collection.
- Log data: Our web servers may keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses, internet service providers, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system versions, device type and timestamps. Source of information: you provide this information; automatic collection. Category of information: Geolocation data; Internet / network activity.
- Information from third parties and integration partners: We may collect your personal information from third parties where, for example, you give permission to those third parties to share your information with us or where you have made that information publicly available online.
- Billing information: If you make a payment or connect a bank account via Stripe, we may collect billing details like your name, email address, and financial information.Source of information: you provide this information; automatic collection. Category of information: Commercial info.
How we use your information
We process personal data about you either with your consent or in order to fulfill our contractual responsibility to deliver the Laterpress products and services and to pursue our legitimate interests in improving our products and services. We have practices to help ensure that we limit these uses so that your privacy is respected and only the information related to achieving these legitimate aims is used.
- Contact Information: We use contact information to respond to your inquiries, send you information as part of the services, and send you marketing information (for as long as you do not opt-out). You can opt out of marketing communications at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in those communications.
- Account and billing information: We need to use your account information to run your account, provide you with services, bill you for our services, provide you with customer support, and contact you about your service or account. We occasionally send you communications of a transactional nature (e.g. service-related announcements, billing-related matters, changes to our services or policies, a welcome email when you first register). You cannot opt out of these communications since they are required to provide our services to you.
- Usage information: We use information about how you use our services to improve our services for you and all users. For example, we may use information about how many clicks it takes an author to publish a chapter to optimize the chapter editor interface.
- Device and browser data: We use device data (including IP address) both to troubleshoot problems with our service and to make improvements to it.
- Information from cookies: We use first-party and third-party cookies as described in our Cookies Policy.
- Log data: We use log data for a range of business purposes, including to monitor abuse and troubleshoot, to create new services, features, content or make recommendations, to track behavior at the aggregate/anonymous level to identify and understand trends in the various interactions with our services, and to fix bugs and troubleshoot product functionality.
- Information from third parties and integration partners: We use information from third parties and integration partners, where applicable to one of our services to ensure you can use our service in conjunction with other services.
- Manage internal services: To manage our services we will also internally use your information and data to enforce our agreements where applicable, to prevent potentially illegal activities, and to screen for and prevent undesirable or abusive activity.
- Legal uses: To respond to legal requests or prevent fraud, we may need to use and disclose information or data we hold about you. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
Rights to your data
We provide the following rights to all people who are Laterpress users, not just people covered by the California Consumer Protection Act. Requests for information under this section must be emailed to email@example.com and include the phrase “Data Request” in the subject line. You can also send a request by mail to 228 Park Ave S, PMB 40317, New York, NY 10003 US. Requests must include a full and accurate description of your request with reference to the specific rights you want to exercise as well as your name and account email address. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity and we will respond to your request to exercise these rights within a reasonable time.
- Prohibition on sale of personal information: Latepress does not sell your personal information. You have the right to request confirmation of this prohibition in writing. Note that because Laterpress does not sell personal information, we do not need to provide a way for users to opt out of the sale of such information.
- Right to access personal information: You have the right to request how we collected, used, and shared your personal information in the last 12 months, including categories of personal information we collected about you, where that information originated from, third parties we shared your personal information with, and the purposes we collected, used, and disclosed your personal information for. You also have the right to know what personal information we gather about you and how we use it, and to get a copy of it.
- Right to rectification: The right to obtain rectification of your personal information when you want it updated or corrected.
- Right to erasure: The right to obtain the deletion of your personal information without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed.
- Right to restriction: The right to have your personal information stop being used in certain cases, including if you believe that the personal information about you is incorrect or the use is unlawful.
- Right to object: The right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal information, and to object to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes, to the extent it is related to such direct marketing.
- Right to non-discrimination: The right to non-discrimination for exercising your rights as outlined in this policy. This includes, but is not limited to, denying you goods or services, charging you different prices for similar services, or providing a different level or quality of service.
Information you share
Some of our products and services let you share information with others. Content you share or publish may be indexed by search engines.
Information we share
We do not share your information or data with third parties outside Laterpress except in limited circumstances.
To provide certain aspects of our services and products, we rely on integrations or technology services offered by third parties. We enter into agreements with these third parties to ensure they meet standards for confidentiality, privacy, and security. For example, we rely on third-party services to: send transactional emails; send marketing emails (e.g. our newsletter); store data; track engagement on our website; facilitate real-time customer support chat; and process payments.
We also share your information or data if you choose to use an integration in conjunction with Laterpress services, to the extent necessary to facilitate that use. We also may have to share information or data in order to: meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request; enforce applicable policies, including investigation of potential violations; detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users, the public or to Laterpress and/or as required or permitted by law; and facilitate a sale, merger or change in control of all or any part of our company or business or in preparation for any of these events.
Where we use any third parties to assist us in delivering our services and they process your data as part of that service, they are considered subprocessors. Currently we utilize the following subprocessors:
- Amazon Web Services. Cloud hosting.
- Aragon. Token management.
- Discord. User forum.
- Forest Admin. Administrator tools.
- Mailchimp. Marketing email.
- Mailgun. Transactional email.
- Stripe. Payment processing.
- Webflow. Marketing website.
If you are an existing Laterpress user and need to be notified when additional Subprocessors are used to provide the Services, you can subscribe to updates by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Add this email to your Subprocessor mailing list".
If you hold an account with us, we do not delete the content in your account that you choose to store. You must take the appropriate actions in your account to delete your content (e.g. books, bio, Stripe integration). If you would like to delete your account entirely, please contact us at email@example.com.
Safety of minors
Laterpress is not intended for and may not be used by minors. “Minors” are individuals 13 years or under, or under a higher age if specified by the laws of their residence. Laterpress does not knowingly collect personal data from minors or let them create accounts and reserves the right to delete data we reasonably believe is the personal data of minors without notice. If you believe Laterpress been used to collect the personal data of a minor, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Description of Cookies: Cookies are data files that are placed on the computer or mobile device of someone when they visit a website. Among other things, cookies are used by websites to perform their services and provide information for reporting purposes.
First-Party Cookies: Cookies set by the website owner or service provider (in this case, Laterpress) are called “first-party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third-party cookies”.
Third-Party Cookies: Third-party cookies enable third-party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website or service you are using (such as payment processing and analytics). The third parties that set these third-party cookies can recognize your computer both when it visits the website or service in question and also when it visits certain other websites or services.
ii. Types of Cookies
The following types of cookies may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we rely on:
Essential Cookies: These are cookies that (1) ensure you can access the Laterpress products and services and use them securely and (2) protect your data from unauthorized access and Laterpress from fraudulent use. Blocking these Cookies will impair the core function of the Laterpress products and services.
Performance and Functionality Cookies: These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of the products and services. Although important to us, these cookies are non-essential to the use of Laterpress. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
Analytics and Customization Cookies: These cookies collect information that helps us understand how Laterpress is being used and how to customize our products and services to improve your experience.
Advertising Cookies: These cookies are used to perform functions like making advertising messages more relevant to you and preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing.
iii. Third-Party Cookies
Below is a list of what first- and third-party cookies we currently set or allow to be set when users access Laterpress, and the specific type of cookie they are.
Essential Cookies. We utilize first-party cookies that are strictly necessary. We also use third-party cookies of this type, which are installed, used, and owned by:
- Stripe, Inc., a US entity with registered address at 510 Townsend Street, San Francisco, California, 94103. Visit this link to learn more about the entity’s cookies and privacy policies. Please note that the processing of data by Stripe may entail the international transfer of data outside the European Union.
- Webflow, Inc., a US entity with address at 398 11th Street, 2nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103. Visit to learn more about the entity’s cookies and privacy policies. Please note that the processing of data by Webflow may entail the international transfer of data outside the European Union.
Performance and Functionality Cookies. Currently, we do not utilize first-party or third-party cookies for performance and functionality cookies.
Analytics and Customization Cookies. We also use third-party cookies of this type, which are installed, used, and owned by:
- Google Ireland Limited, an Irish entity with registered address at Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4 (Ireland). To know more about Google’s cookies, please visit its cookies and privacy policies, as available here. Please note that the processing of data by Google may entail the international transfer of data outside the European Union, as further described in the link above.
Advertising Cookies. Currently, we do not utilize first-party or third-party cookies for advertising or marketing purposes.
iv. Manage, block, or delete cookies
You can allow, block, or delete cookies by configuring your browser settings. For more information on how to block or deactivate cookies please see the below: